ASB First Aid Lt: Terms and Conditions for Training Course Bookings and Website Usage
The terms “We”, “us” or “our” refers to ASB First Aid Ltd. Our registered address is 3 Cooper Road, Filey, North Yorkshire, YO14 0AS. Our company registration number is 08654708.
“You” or “your” refers to the individual/company/organisation making and paying for the booking.
Bookings are made subject to the following terms and conditions:
2) Course Bookings
Bookings may be made by email, letter, phone or the online booking form.
3) Provisional bookings
To register interest in a course, a provisional booking may be taken but this will not guarantee your place on the course, or a group course booking. Bookings secured, as in Section 4, have priority over provisional bookings.
Your course place/your group booking will be held for 7 days once a provisional booking is made. A non-refundable 20% + VAT deposit or greater payment is required to secure the booking (see point 4).
4) Payment terms
Our standard payment terms require either full payment or a 20% + VAT deposit of the total price taken within 7 days of booking, to secure your course place unless otherwise agreed. The remaining balance will be due no later than 14 days before the commencement of your course.
Where bookings are made within 14 days of the first day of your course, full payment will be required prior to the start date.
Where a payment is to be made following an invoice to an employer, the payment should be made 28 days from the date of the invoice or 7 days prior to the start date, whichever is sooner. Payment can be made through a secure online payment system (Stripe), cash, bank transfer, BACS or cheque. Unless specified, Value Added Tax will not be included in any price and will be charged at the rate in force at the time of quotation.
Should circumstances mean that you have to cancel your course and are unable to transfer your booking to another date at the time of cancellation, the following charges will apply:
• If the cancellation is made more than four weeks prior to the course start date, no charge will be applied (except for the 20% + VAT deposit).
• If the cancellation is made two to four weeks prior to the course, 50% of the course fee will be charged (inclusive of the 20% + VAT deposit).
• If the cancellation is made less than two weeks prior to the course, the full course fee will be charged.
NB. Cancellation must be made in writing by post, fax or email, and received by the start date.
If you do not attend a course, and you have not previously informed us, the full course fee remains payable and non-refundable.
7) Late arrivals / missed sessions
If you arrive late for a course or you are absent from any session, we reserve the right to refuse to accept you for training if we feel you will gain insufficient knowledge or skills in the time remaining. In all such cases, the full course fee remains payable. To conform with Ofqual and Health & Safety Executive (HSE) requirements for statutory certificates, attendance at all sessions is mandatory.
8) Unforeseen circumstances
On rare occasions, unforeseen circumstances may require us to cancel a course. In such circumstances, you will be given as much notice as possible and either a free transfer to another course date or a full refund of fees paid.
We hold public liability insurance. We cannot accept any liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to personal property while you are on a course, not caused by the negligence of staff.
10) Assessment & Certification
Assessment is ongoing and will be carried out by your course trainer.
Certificates are issued by First Aid Awards Limited of which ASB First Aid Ltd is an approved centre.
11) Monitoring & quality assurance
For quality assurance purposes, we will monitor and record your performance throughout the course. This will include a syllabus checklist and various assessment sheets. This information will be stored on file and will only be shared with First Aid Awards Limited. No personal information will be disclosed.
12) Data Protection
Your contact information will be held on file for internal record keeping only. All personal information is held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is not shared with any third party.
We will only contact you in connection with your booking and to keep you informed of re-validation courses three months before your certificate expires.
We ask that you and your course participants are aware of the following:
1. First Aid training involves a series of practical activities. Participants are expected to be physically-able to complete all activities.
2. You should wear loose comfortable clothing, no shorts or low cut tops. You should also avoid wearing lipstick, lip-gloss or lip balms, as this hinders cleaning of the manikins.
3. Please bring any medical problems or issues that may affect your ability to complete a course to the attention of the trainer before the course starts (e.g. recent injury, learning disability, dyslexia, etc.). We will make all reasonable adjustments to account for this during our courses. We will not exclude anyone from our training but reserve the right to ensure all reasonable adjustments are in place to meet our statutory obligations. If you do not disclose information about yourself or your group at the time of booking, we reserve the right to cancel a course or your booking.
4. All group members are responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of behaviour in a safe and reasonable manner. Unacceptable behaviour may lead to offenders being asked to leave and you/the group members will be required to pay for any damage caused to equipment or the venue.
15) Health and Safety of venues
1. Venues provided by you:
1.1. It is your responsibility to ensure that the venue that you provide for your group is suitable and safe. You should ensure:
a) Fire escapes are clearly marked and adequately maintained and not obstructed.
b) Fire fighting equipment is clearly marked and placed and fire marshals nominated.
c) Access to training rooms is clear and safe.
d) Training rooms are big enough for the group to practise simulated incidents and first aid techniques.
e) Lighting, heating and ventilation are adequate.
f) Computers/projectors (if provided) have been PAT tested.
g) Washing and toilet facilities are adequate, and appropriate for gender mix.
h) First aid and accident reporting procedures are in place.
i) Any other relevant matters coming to the trainer’s attention.
We retain the right to cancel a course if the venue is deemed unsafe by the tutor on the day.
2. Venues provided by us:
2.1. The same criteria as under 1.1 applies.
16) Website usage
By continuing to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with the following terms and conditions of use:
1. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than by our written permission.
2. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
3. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
4. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
5. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.